Wednesday, August 12, 2009












No matter how old you are; you are never too old to get married. This weekend my aunt and her fiancĂ© tied the knot after knowing each other for what he claims to be thirty years. It was the first time for both of them to become Mr. and Mrs., and I could not be happier. You could say it wasn’t the most traditional of weddings because my aunt wore a gorgeous blue outfit, but it was one of the happiest occasions I have ever celebrated. My cousins and I were her bridesmaids; with matching dresses and our hair up in curls we stood by her side as she became Mrs. Shaffer. We posed for pictures and greeted friends and family with the biggest smiles we may have ever produced. It came time for the party; and what a party it was. From the most delicious food and delectable cake to the rock and roll music and kind words that were said, I have never been happier for two people to start a life together. So no matter how old you are love looks the same; it doesn’t care what you look like or what you do for a living, sometimes it just hits you. I hope love finds you and let’s you celebrate the joining of two lives with one big bang of a party!

1 comment:

  1. new favorite quote: "...no matter how old you are love looks the same..."

    ReplyDelete