Sunday, September 12, 2010

FNO LA



On Friday, Sept. 10th, retailers, designers and fashion lovers from all over the world - New York and Los Angeles to China and Australia - took part in this "global initiative." The goal of Fashion's Night Out was to revitalize the fashion industry by making shopping accessible to people just like you and me. Of course, I had to see what all the buzz was about. My friend and I headed to The Grove - a.k.a the shopper's Disneyland - and witnessed first hand one small fraction of this worldwide event. We headed straight to Nordstrom where Blake Mycoski, the founder of TOMS shoes, was posing for pictures and promoting his "One for One" motto. (For every pair of shoes purchased a pair is donated to a child in need - I have a pair and absolutely love them!) Not even the economy could keep shoppers away from this exciting one-night event. The purpose of FNO was to celebrate the fashion industry and instill a feeling of security for the future of the economy. Well, I think it worked because it sure felt like a party to me! FNO gave fashionistas across the world an opportunity to take part in something BIG. Something FASHIONTASTIC. It rejuvenated the world of fashion from the inside out. So my followers, how did you take part in FNO? I can't wait until FNO 2011!




No comments:

Post a Comment