Saturday, January 29, 2011

The King's Speech

photo credit: www.frocktalk.com 

Last night I saw The King's Speech and I was wowed by the awesome costumes. Helena Bonham Carter not only rocked her roll as the queen, but rocked her outfits with style and class. Perhaps it was because she had a little help from costume designer, Jenny Beavan. From what I've read, Ms. Beavan faced a lot of challenges when preparing for this movie including time and money. It's only a guess, but those are pretty important components when finding the perfect costumes for a movie, right? With the small budget for this film, Ms. Beavan did one hell of a job recreating the time period through the outfits the actors wore. Coats, furs, hats oh my! And the long layered pearls! I would die and go to heaven if these pieces were to magically appear in my closet.

We shall see if Ms. Beavan wins the oscar! She's got my vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment