Friday, October 1, 2010

Faux Fur Fab



If you know me, you know I love leopard print. And if you don't know me, well, now you know. Ever since I was little girl, I was a little obsessed with the spotted print. In fact, the leopard coat pictured above was a present I got for my tenth birthday - and it still fits! It's from Gap Kids - can you believe it? Lucky for me, I'm already prepared for one of the hottest trends this Fall - I'd like to call it Faux Fur Fab.

Some of you may find it difficult to pull off a fur coat - even if it's faux. My advice: try a fur accessory instead. Yes, the purse above is from my own wardrobe as well. A dear friend of mine (actually, the same person who gave me the coat) thought I just had to have that bag - and boy, was she right! And, the best part of it all - it was on sale. If I can remember correctly, the original price was $140 and came to about $30! (Thanks, Macys!) Accessorizing is a great way to stay within a budget when you want to keep up with the fashion must haves. This fall, go get yourself a faux fur bag, vest (which I've seen tons of), or even a headband.

You can even give your home a faux fur accent like the pillows I have pictured above. I've been playing around where they look the best, but for now they look great on my maroon comforter.

So this Fall (even though it still feels like summer in Cali), be BOLD. Add some faux fur into your life and bring out the inner animal within. Don't lie. I know you know it's in there somewhere. So when you're out shopping this weekend - just remember Faux Fur Fab! Oh, and let me know if you find any good deals!

1 comment:

  1. i agree!!! i was dying for some fur pieces and i just got a taupe fur shrug at goodwill AND an amazing ivory light fur coat at forever for $30!

    ReplyDelete