Sunday, October 17, 2010

Let's Talk Make-up



You all know I love fashion, but deep down inside I have a secret crush on beauty and make-up. I love having my make-up done. Who doesn't? There's just something about having someone use their creativity to make you look your best. 

Now for story time: When I was 13, my aunt took me to this fancy shmancy make-up studio to learn how to apply make-up correctly. She thought it was important to learn from the professionals - and that is exactly what I did. To this day, I still use the same tips and tricks I was taught that day. And my favorite is to NOT use an eyeliner pencil. Instead, I use an angled eyeliner brush and apply a dark shadow - such as dark blue, purple or black. It creates a softer look and is great for smokey eyes. 


Putting on make-up may be a daunting task for some of you. But trust me - spending five minutes on your face can really make a big difference. Even if you just use a bit of lip gloss, a dab of blush and a wisp of mascara, you'll look like a million bucks! Have fun with it. Explore colors, products and techniques. So if you're wondering what's in my amazing Trina Turk make-up bag, check out Beautylish







No comments:

Post a Comment