Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Golden Links of Love



This Fall it's all about the accessories - the gold accessories to be exact. And who doesn't love a little gold in their life?  So, when I saw these bracelets featured in this month's Vogue (the Bible), I may have thanked the all mighty fashion gods. And there's more to it than just a simple gold bracelet - it's gotta have the links. It's a statement piece for your little black dress or that addition that brightens up your t-shirt and jeans. Your gold bracelet will definitely be an investment, but will be an accessory you will have for many years to come.

In fact, my gold links of love originally belonged to my grandmother. The bracelet was a gift from her husband, my grandfather, who also had an eye for the good stuff. Grandma Miriam complained the first one he brought home was too small, so he went back to the store and bought her a bigger one. She was a  big fan of her jewelry, but this bracelet eventually got too heavy for her to wear - can you believe it? She stopped wearing it, but wouldn't give it up. My mother, who was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was a little girl, had her eye on that bracelet since her father brought it home. She asked to have it, but my grandma was also stingy at times and would not let it go. After some convincing by my aunts, my grandmother finally gave it to my mother for her to enjoy - even though it wasn't long enough. The women in my family have always been on the cutting of fashion - and who knew the bracelet my grandfather bought years ago would be in style today. Now the bracelet belongs to me and it's more than just a bracelet - it's my golden links of love. 

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this :] It's nice to see the personal connection you have to your 'links of love' <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this entry! and love your links! now, to find some of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shayna you don't need to buy any more things!

    But I really like that bracelet.

    ReplyDelete