Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween DIY Style!

Happy Halloween my lovely followers! I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful weekend we're having (at least in LA) - with the weather and gorgeous costumes. I know deep down we all love halloween - it's one night we can be anyone or anything we want and no one can say anything about it. It's okay to wear skirts that are too short, tops that are too low cut, make-up that's out of this world, and shoes that are way too high.

Story time: I think my favorite halloween was when I dressed up as a Dalmatian from 101 Dalmatians. I don't remember which one I was, but does it really matter? At eight-years-old I had a bit of an obsession with dogs. So who couldn't blame me for wanting to look like a cute little puppy.

I've always been a big fan of this holiday. This year I decided to skip the halloween stores and I DIYed my costume! For those of you out of the lingo loop - that's do it yourself. I was inspired by a peacock that I saw in Hawaii over the summer. And from that day I knew I was going to be a peacock for halloween. Because when else can you dress up like a bird? I may have spent a bit more than I would have liked, but it was well worth it!

Here's what I used:
1 black tutu purchased online
a black top I found at Buffalo Exchange
1 1/2 yards of peacock feathers
fishnets
four extra feathers for the hair

Here's what I did:
I measured out 4 strips of the peacock feathers to fit on the shirt. Then sewed each strip on by hand. And voila, a peacock!


I hope all of you have a wonderful evening and be safe! Let me know about your favorite halloween and what you dressed up as!


No comments:

Post a Comment